About NAS' "Community and Website Update" August 2020.

https://community.autism.org.uk/f/adults-on-the-autistic-spectrum/19292/community-and-website-update 

& note about the Thread/Link above: 
" [ This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion ] " ...says NAS.

...OK, Greetings To All. So this is Me ("DC"), doing a thing which I seemed to have useful/good purpose to do upon this Forum, ever since I first arrived <>3 Years ago. Others more skilled than Myself have come and left, yet I am still looking at this Forum every now and then, with little place else (upon the awful WWW) to safely go. So I spotted NAS' Thread up there...

The link above, is to NAS' own declaration: it is LOCKED, and so this here Thread here, is a version to which anyone can reply as is liked, with 'hopefully' NAS heeding/reading it. And, also mainly since NAS' original Thread there, will no doubt be drowned out/obscured down the History, by other Threads (likely unaware of technical matters such as that)...

My own reason for attempting this Thread is as I waffled up there, but likely I shall not be able to post again after any "Update" --- *again*. My devices and so-called "EMail Addresses" are more than 5 years old!
I have said this before in this Forum. And as if to illustrate, so has a Copybot and a Malicious-Hacker, upon this Forum, both about Myself (!).

Finally...
NAS says:
" Your logon will continue to work, but you will need to set a new password. We’ve been testing this to ensure it works, and will provide more information very soon.
If you have any questions, please email us at communitymanager@nas.org.uk .
Thank you all for your contributions to the Community. "

...A final reason I start this Thread is that I would wager that that is 'stuff and nonsense' to Persons like Myself as I currently am. *Virtual Testing is not real.* I would probably put in My old EMail Address, and it, just like with Amazon or Google, is no longer recognized after any "update"...?

...to "update", the process seems to be <> this:
- Log on with Username.
- Enter Password.
- Password confirmed.
- Please enter EMail Address.
- Please enter new Updated EMail Address/Password.
- ... 'Oh, sorry, Your (old) EMail Address is no longer valid/works, so We cannot confirm Your Identity or Update Your EMail Address. Please UPDATE Your OLD EMail Address with a NEW EMail Address so that We can update Your EMail Address.'
- Repeat the last two or three parts...

This has happened to Me before... and so, well, I state it here. Probably certain Hackers could get in and pretend to be Me, though, easily, since they can pretend to be anyone or any corporation that they want. *Updates do not matter starting from 'Low-Level Coding'.* And what happens to Users of an EMail Address which the Company that once owned/supported/hosted it, has decided that they cannot be bothered with supporting/hosting it anymore?...

Apart from all of that, anyone, post whatever You want about NAS' Update here.

FareWell, All.

Parents Reply Children
  • Um... Thank You for Posting, hopefully WebPM/NAS can say something about this...

Meantime - *Truly Thank You* for being upon this Forum for so long, honestly. Older Users are much appreciated. The fact that You managed to survive the 'new sign in's is very good, Thanks. (I hope You do not mind My voting You up.)