Autism and talking to yourself

Hi,

I'm almost certain I have ASD for many reasons (haven't been tested yet), and when I'm on my own I constantly talk to myself, it's not just the odd word or line, I'm talking to myself & 'thinking out loud' most of the time I'm alone. For example, I might have a thought about a certain video I like, and I'll say "One second and I'll show you it" when there's nobody there, almost as if I'm pretending to talk to someone. Sounds very odd, I know. Would this be related with ASD?

Thanks!

Jake

Parents
  • I do this too, I thought most people, it helps actually to find things in the fridge if you pronounce the name... something in the brain. Or to get your thoughts lined up better.

If you talk to yourself, you talk to somebody who truly cares for you and really honestly wants only the best to you! (just joking)

• I do this too, I thought most people, it helps actually to find things in the fridge if you pronounce the name... something in the brain. Or to get your thoughts lined up better.

If you talk to yourself, you talk to somebody who truly cares for you and really honestly wants only the best to you! (just joking)

Children
No Data