masks

Well, no more shopping for me. Not sure what I'll do about food.

I've only been leaving the house for the past month to go food shopping anyway. Now I get to lose that. Or add £100 to my shopping bill.

I'd understand if I felt it would make any difference but most of the people wearing masks are doing so in a way that increases their infection risk, not reduces it. Meanwhile you don't have to wear a mask to go to work, or to go to the pub, or to go to the barbers.

So it all feels very pointless, which adds to the stress of not wanting my face covered, not wanting my glasses to steam up, not wanting the skin damage behind my ears that a mask will cause. So no more shopping. No more food. I guess I need to lose some weight..

Parents
  • You don’t have to wear a mask, you’re exempt. I don’t wear one and have only been asked about it once and the lady just asked me if I was exempt, to which I said yes and then we got talking. I said it’s just as distressing for me seeing people in masks as I don’t look at people’s eyes, I look at the mouth area. She said when she first saw people wearing masks she would look at people & think why are you wearing that but now, since they became mandatory, she looks at people not wearing them and thinks why aren’t you wearing one - mind control is working :( so even though I don’t wear one, it’s still distressing seeing others in masks and there’s always a level of anxiety that someone will challenge me. Oh, and the lady in the shop wasn’t wearing one, she said she didn’t have to because she was behind a plastic shield and that when she did wear one, she got a terrible headache and the elastic behind her ears created pressure and was sore, yet she was criticising people who didn’t wear one :( But you don’t have to wear one and can get an exemption card from hidden disabilities website 

• p.s. you can print off the exemption cards, you don’t have to buy them and it’s good to have an autism alert card as well but that takes some organising if you haven’t got one yet 

Reply Children
No Data