Work and anxiety? (I don’t like naming threads)

I’ve been on furlough for the past 2 months but I’m back at work and my anxiety is back too. 

I’ve realised that my problem is that I want to know everything what’s going on around me at work.

I’m anxious because I don’t know what my coworkers are doing and what they are going to do. 

Even if I don’t need to know because it doesn’t involve me directly (but it might indirectly)

It also makes me anxious if people change something, even something small like they put things on different shelves (why? when? who made that decision?)

And even though I know it doesn’t matter because their way of doing things is just as good as mine, it still makes me anxious. 

I say nothing though and fight an urge to redo everything my way.

I’m really rubbish at confrontation and I find it hard to explain myself well in stressful situation so I just hide what I feel and say nothing. I hardly talk to people anyway.

This week I’ve finally noticed that most of my energy at work goes to worrying about what’s going on on around me.

It’s stressful and self destructing.

I keep thinking and worrying about who is doing what, what did manager tell whom and why and if it’s going to change anything for me, what are the work dynamics and how they’re changing and if and how something I don’t know is going to affect me in the long run, what other people are doing and what they are planning to do next and how should I plan my day around that.

Is it something to do with the autistic traits or maybe some entirely separate anxiety disorder?

What can I do about this? 

And now I’m angry at myself that something so trivial is destroying my mental health.

Parents Reply Children
No Data