Anyone nervous about lockdown restrictions ending?

So Boris is gonna make a speech on Sunday about lifting some restrictions. Anyone nervous about what this will mean for expectations to return to daily struggle of 'fitting in' and going out.

I hope the 'bubble thing' happens but is more restrictive than 10 or clearly not more than 2 households (regardless of how many live in each household - my closest family members also live alone so technically that's only 3 of us)  so I can see close family without the expectations of having to meet up socially again with other 'acquaintances'?  (who want to see me more than I want to see them)

Parents
  • Well we should go back to work and school, but don't use public transport. There we will be confined to indoor spaces with crowds of people breathing the same air and using the same door handles and lightswitches which is ok, but don't visit your relatives or go indoors with them because that is not ok. You should go back to work first before you have childcare for your children that are off school, also you can't use relatives to babysit the kids. We are free to travel to other locations, but don't travel to some places because you will be fined for that

When shopping please stand in the massive queue to get in, with people smoking, not adhering to 2m distances and kids running by you. Standing by these people for a prolonged period of up to an hour will help to stop the spread of the virus

When you get into to the shop please remember to follow the one-way system, so if you have to walk all around two full aisles passing several people just to get to the close end of the aisle next to you with no people in the way then that will help stop the spread of the virus. Some people are immune to these rules and are allowed to walk past you. Remember to queue in the designated spaces which are 4 metres from the till, but 1 metre from the helper telling you where to stand

• Sounds perfectly logical to me, also have sympathy for the poor police who have to make sense of all this and use their discretion in deciding who to fine, £60, going upto £100, for breaking these rules.

Reply Children
No Data