Thoughts after diagnosis

It’s four days since I got diagnosed, in this time things have been hard. What with the virus and the autism diagnosis, my head has been spinning. To be honest I’m struggling, mainly due family not being supportive. My work colleagues and supervisor have been awesome an my friends are happy for me.

It’s my family that have hurt me, by being dismissive.

Parents
  • Hey, I'm glad you've got some positive people in your life currently. For the time being, please surround yourself around people who accept you and the diagnosis. Keep in contact via facetime or other social media's whilst in isolation. You can as well use the internet to learn more about your diagnosis. Just focus on you even though people aren't co-operating. I know it's hard, you can get through this!!

• Hey, I'm glad you've got some positive people in your life currently. For the time being, please surround yourself around people who accept you and the diagnosis. Keep in contact via facetime or other social media's whilst in isolation. You can as well use the internet to learn more about your diagnosis. Just focus on you even though people aren't co-operating. I know it's hard, you can get through this!!

Children
No Data