Agoraphobia

I've hardly been outside in the last 6 months and some things like getting things repaired or the doctors, i've not been to in 5 years depsite needing to have things seen to or repaired. I'm aware of why I don't want to go outside or interact, but am someahtw blocked at addressing the issue. I don't have anyone I can turn to for help in this matter. Has anyone had similar experience an dhow did you overcome them/it please ? Thaks

Parents
  • Hi - I'm sorry to hear you're struggling at the moment. Have you tried calling your doctor to request a home visit? Some GPs will go to you if you're unable to leave the house. If you don't get any help from the GP surgery, you could call 111 and explain your situation - they might be able to give you some general medical advice and let you know if there's anyone who can come out to you.

In terms of getting support with your agoraphobia, you can usually self-refer online to your local NHS mental health service. Many services offer telephone or online counselling, so you won't necessarily need to leave the house.

You could also contact the Citizens' Advice Bureau to see if you're entitled to any support with doing day-to-day activities.

I hope you feel better soon and are able to get the support you need.

• that's given me some idea of the steps i'll need to take, thanks, it's ironic that in order to get help that you need to be able to do and cope with quite a lot

• I'm glad I was able to help in some way. That's very true.

Reply Children
No Data