Battling with imposter syndrome

From reading a few posts on here it seems like this is pretty common but im struggling hard with feeling like a fraud while waiting for my assessment. Im doubting and second guessing whether i have asd or not and the not knowing is bothering me. Some times im absolutely convinced, other times im afraid its all in my head and im seeing things that arent there, this isnt helped by my anxiety issues

As the wait is so long i looked into going private and found a viable way to have an assessment within the next few weeks, but due to the feelings im having im hesitating to book the assessment as im afraid that i may not be asd and then i will have spent a large amount of money on the assessment for nothing. Particularly as i dont have an informant, so this could complicate the assessment. But the NHS list is extremely long and the wait may drive me crazy!

How do i get over these feelings? Im so confused what i should do

Parents
  • Sadly you have to sit out these feelings. I was driven to distraction by the same thoughts so in the end I stopped reading anything about it and just tried to put it out of my mind. I was not very succesful but it is a passing thing as one way or another you will find out at some point and this phase will be in the past. I'm sorry you are there now though - I remember the anxiousness well. I almost didn't go to my second appointment even as I'd convinced myself I was wasting everyone's time. I'm glad I did now. 

• Sadly you have to sit out these feelings. I was driven to distraction by the same thoughts so in the end I stopped reading anything about it and just tried to put it out of my mind. I was not very succesful but it is a passing thing as one way or another you will find out at some point and this phase will be in the past. I'm sorry you are there now though - I remember the anxiousness well. I almost didn't go to my second appointment even as I'd convinced myself I was wasting everyone's time. I'm glad I did now. 

Children
No Data