Newly diagnosed

Hi everyone, hope you don’t mind me introducing myself Slight smile I’ve recently been diagnosed with Autism/Aspergers Syndrome. I’m visually impaired and have a couple of other things going on, too. The autism diagnosis is the most important diagnosis I’ve ever had and it’s life changing. I eventually went private for my diagnosis after a nine month waiting list at least on the NHS so I went private for my own mental well-being. A couple of questions: has anyone had experience of private diagnosis as an adult and what did you do or who did you inform afterwards? I’ve also been having a couple of really intense meltdowns since diagnosis where I can’t control crying and my head jerks (this behaviour has only happened a couple of times when they’re really severe) and I need to be looked after by a friend during and afterwards. I have very limited communication during them (one phrase repeated during the last one was the first time being able to at all and I think that was due to the severity of the meltdown). Does anyone have any experiences or advice on dealing with meltdowns? Thank you for reading. Slight smile