Newly diagnosed

Hi everyone, hope you don’t mind me introducing myself Slight smile I’ve recently been diagnosed with Autism/Aspergers Syndrome. I’m visually impaired and have a couple of other things going on, too. The autism diagnosis is the most important diagnosis I’ve ever had and it’s life changing. I eventually went private for my diagnosis after a nine month waiting list at least on the NHS so I went private for my own mental well-being. A couple of questions: has anyone had experience of private diagnosis as an adult and what did you do or who did you inform afterwards? I’ve also been having a couple of really intense meltdowns since diagnosis where I can’t control crying and my head jerks (this behaviour has only happened a couple of times when they’re really severe) and I need to be looked after by a friend during and afterwards. I have very limited communication during them (one phrase repeated during the last one was the first time being able to at all and I think that was due to the severity of the meltdown). Does anyone have any experiences or advice on dealing with meltdowns? Thank you for reading. Slight smile 

Parents Reply Children
No Data