Does your 'inner secretary' go on strike?

I hope that this makes sense to at least someone else here. I'm trying to get support to deal with some difficult things that I need to do, especially around employment. This means emails, phone calls and so on. But I am struggling at the moment with my mental health (unfortunately made worse by my employment difficulties) and the really hard thing is that my 'inner secretary' is not working very well. Communicating, co-ordinating, remembering things that have to be done, working out what an appropriate timescale for reply is (and to expect replies from my emails/messages), remembering who knows what already - all of these are causing me additional stress.

My only strategy for dealing with this is to make a list but that's not really working (and making me feel more overwhelmed).

I think the official name for this is probably something like 'difficulties with executive function'. Has anyone else experienced this?

Parents
  • I have this inertia too. Especially after coping at work, when I get home just a letter or some admin makes me freak out. Recently I renewed my passport and I decided to sort out 10 years worth of paperwork that I had put in a 'pile of shame'.

It took me all summer and some days off work to straighten it out, yikes. The pile is already growing again. 

• I have this inertia too. Especially after coping at work, when I get home just a letter or some admin makes me freak out. Recently I renewed my passport and I decided to sort out 10 years worth of paperwork that I had put in a 'pile of shame'.

It took me all summer and some days off work to straighten it out, yikes. The pile is already growing again. 

Children
No Data