From an autism/disability perspective, who is the best party to vote for?

I'm guessing Conservative/Tories would be the worst choice, since they only care about the top richest 1%, and they are responsible for DLA changing to PIP and the disaster that is Universal Credit.

Parents
  • The Labour party have a neurodiversity manifesto. They were also going to have a  minister for Autism. Unfortunately due to the result the opportunity has now been lost.  Although the campaigners on ASD and ND issues are still in the party so hopefully they can take their ideas forwards under the new leadership.

Not telling people who to vote for. Merely putting forward a few facts.

• A minister for autism isn't needed. Just adequate funding drawn from sustainable government receipts. Given the relative success of many people with high functioning autism the primary benefit from additional resources would be providing care to those that need it - something that needs focus irrespective of the cause of that need - or awareness and training for teachers, healthcare workers and the police. That's relatively cheap and hardly needs a minister.

Hell, half the country don't have a minister representing them yet. Let's get a minister for men before worrying about the small number of autistic people.

• "Relative success of many people with high functioning autism"  You mean in relation to lower functioning autistics?  Surely you can't mean in relation to the general population?? Last i heard our life expectancy was 20 years lower.  And that's just for starters.

• "Relative success of many people with high functioning autism"  You mean in relation to lower functioning autistics?  Surely you can't mean in relation to the general population?? Last i heard our life expectancy was 20 years lower.  And that's just for starters.

Children
No Data