From an autism/disability perspective, who is the best party to vote for?

I'm guessing Conservative/Tories would be the worst choice, since they only care about the top richest 1%, and they are responsible for DLA changing to PIP and the disaster that is Universal Credit.

• "Relative success of many people with high functioning autism"  You mean in relation to lower functioning autistics?  Surely you can't mean in relation to the general population?? Last i heard our life expectancy was 20 years lower.  And that's just for starters.

• A minister for autism isn't needed. Just adequate funding drawn from sustainable government receipts. Given the relative success of many people with high functioning autism the primary benefit from additional resources would be providing care to those that need it - something that needs focus irrespective of the cause of that need - or awareness and training for teachers, healthcare workers and the police. That's relatively cheap and hardly needs a minister.

Hell, half the country don't have a minister representing them yet. Let's get a minister for men before worrying about the small number of autistic people.

• The Labour party have a neurodiversity manifesto. They were also going to have a  minister for Autism. Unfortunately due to the result the opportunity has now been lost.  Although the campaigners on ASD and ND issues are still in the party so hopefully they can take their ideas forwards under the new leadership.

Not telling people who to vote for. Merely putting forward a few facts.

• It never used to be like this until Momentum started instigating "Rules For Radicals" under the direction of Mr Blair's government - turning young people into useful idiots for pushing the agenda by violence - look at yesterday's riots in London for how this is done.

This was a copy of the US pattern instigated by the 'Democrat Party' - and if you're interested, look at the links between Hilary and Saul Alinsky and all will become clear.       

• At election time, they might just decide to talk to you and try to persuade you to vote for them. But even that is doubtful. These days, If you are not on their algorithm, you will be avoided in case you foul up their soundbites. Between elections, they and most of their supporters will be constantly dissing you for daring to be different. It's all about competition as far as they are concerned, and we are widely seen to have no team spirit. Politics everywhere brings out the worst in people. The first-past-the-post system has long seemed to me like elitist hooliganism. UK politics hasn't really made any progress since rotten boroughs and pork barrel. I gave up any real religious belief long before I left school. Where the * was this milk of kindness they constantly wittered on about?  As I lived in a politically active family, it took a little bit longer to realise that UK politics was also a complete fairy tale.

• Well your statement is also the first thing that came to my mind but on the contrary there may be many STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) people on the spectrum who are able to work and are earning higher salaries so in that case the tories could be their best bet. I only know the basics and try to avoid going too in depth with politics for a reason though

• Some 1 went Political, Oh my giddy Aunt and all her ginScream

• iSideWith.com

I like this website.

• I'll be making my vote in line with my thoughts on the NHS and social care too (although other factors do hold some sway). 

The history of PFI is troubling and, yes, it did take off under new labour (Tory lite?), but to my mind it originally grew out of changes made long before (starting with the Griffiths Report and the purchaser-provider split before eventually first being implemented under John Major's government). 

Looking forward, I see nothing to suggest that the NHS will be safe under the Conservatives so I'll have to vote against them.  

• Thank You for this. It is quite interesting, so I post a Link here: The site seems American-Centred, so press the little Flag at the top right-hand corner to get the UK (Our Union Flag.). This link is direct to that:

https://uk.isidewith.com/en/

...I Myself am still nervous about putting Political opinions on here, though, like a lot of things... This is probably just Me... whenever I used to voice whomever I voted for at (certain members of) My own Family, they would get *VERY* angry: "Why did You vote for THEM??", "That was a wasted vote!", "It's because YOU voted that way that this happened!"... that sort of thing. 

...Also there is the "trick" of lying to campaigners who visit the house to remind One to "Vote Today/Have You Voted Yet!" and then asking for whom One has voted, and they will constantly pester and hassle, until You 'admit' to having voted for Them only. It is very stressful and not nice. I have never done it, I actually just close the door or threaten to call the Police, if they get too aggressive. But I hate confrontation and try to avoid it.

...(I got burnt, basically, so now I sort of fear the whole thing.)

• Yes, it's called 

iSideWith.com

• I've voted for all the major parties at one point or another so I guess I'm the very definition of a floating voter as I have no fixed allegiance other than to what I believe offers the best help and hope for the country on the most pressing issues of the day. Nevertheless, I think it is one thing to make promises you can't keep, but another entirely to make promises you have no intention of keeping.

All parties succumb to the former due to changing domestic and international economic, social/cultural and political pressures. However, I honestly feel that the current government have made it their personal mission to do the latter, a la Donald Trump, which I find disconcerting on a number of levels, and isn't something I've ever thought about any government prior to Mr Johnson's.

• Look up PFI agreements - you might reconsider your position.

• i can see everyone's point, but i think talking about these things is really important. my key objective is to try to save the NHS and by voting tactfully to overthrow the conservatives. my principles are with the green party but i am tactfully voting labour.

• I'm really uncomfortable with this thread - it does look like an attempt to influence the voting patterns of vulnerable people.

On the other hand, the recent behaviour of all politicians has proven the old saying - "doesn't matter who you vote for, the government always wins".

• (Glad Tidings & Nice To See You, from Myself... Hopefully though someone else can give a better answer that I am about say here...

The thing is, Political Parties change their Policies VERY often, and so this is probably not possible. ...Probably...)

• Is there a website where one could answer to questions and then the website would tell how the parties match my priorities?

• I mean, it's pretty much just a question of examining all their lies and false promises and deciding whose you like the best.  

• ...Me again, I just thought of this; If Your device is capable, You could try starting a POLL, that way it would be anonymous and people have the option to comment, & You might have Your answer anyway. (I do not know how this is done, My devices are too old, but the option to set up a poll supposedly comes up when starting the Thread, so You might like to retry this one or start a new one.)