Don’t have any friends

Just wondering if anyone else doesn’t have any friends at all or is that just me?

Parents
  • Definitely struggle with this. It's always been a huge struggle from when I was really young. For a number of reasons- I don't really understand social norms and it's exhausting trying to, reading people is really hard so I get things wrong, (like thinking they're mad or they're having a go when they're just joking) I find it hard to make conversation, anything I think to say I need to re-think because it's usually inappropriate, changes the tone of the conversation or seems rude, then when I finally think of something better the conversation has moved on, and generally being in my own world. Also I can't relate to many people and find the conversations boring usually, especially on the surface stuff. 

I've got a couple of friends but I'm even terrible at keeping in touch with them because I prefer to just be left alone really. I feel most at ease when I'm immersed in my own world. A video game, a film or programme, reading or drawing. Solitary activities. It gets lonely sometimes though and I do long for friendships. When I hear people say they're going out with 'the guys/girls' or anything I do feel quite envious. I've even signed up to classes or groups lots of times but when it comes to it I usually don't go, and if I do I quit not long after. It's usually too overwhelming or boring.  

• Definitely struggle with this. It's always been a huge struggle from when I was really young. For a number of reasons- I don't really understand social norms and it's exhausting trying to, reading people is really hard so I get things wrong, (like thinking they're mad or they're having a go when they're just joking) I find it hard to make conversation, anything I think to say I need to re-think because it's usually inappropriate, changes the tone of the conversation or seems rude, then when I finally think of something better the conversation has moved on, and generally being in my own world. Also I can't relate to many people and find the conversations boring usually, especially on the surface stuff. 

I've got a couple of friends but I'm even terrible at keeping in touch with them because I prefer to just be left alone really. I feel most at ease when I'm immersed in my own world. A video game, a film or programme, reading or drawing. Solitary activities. It gets lonely sometimes though and I do long for friendships. When I hear people say they're going out with 'the guys/girls' or anything I do feel quite envious. I've even signed up to classes or groups lots of times but when it comes to it I usually don't go, and if I do I quit not long after. It's usually too overwhelming or boring.  

Children
No Data