Don’t have any friends

Just wondering if anyone else doesn’t have any friends at all or is that just me?

Parents
  • I had one close female friend who stood by me thru a lot of bad times, but ever since being diagnosed as adult a few years ago has became distant. I thought being honest about the autism with her would bring us closer, but it’s pushed her more away. It’s almost likes she’s embarrassed to know me now.

• I had one close female friend who stood by me thru a lot of bad times, but ever since being diagnosed as adult a few years ago has became distant. I thought being honest about the autism with her would bring us closer, but it’s pushed her more away. It’s almost likes she’s embarrassed to know me now.

Children
  • That's really sad, I am sorry.

Have you tried asking her about why she's so distant? It might be coincidence e.g. maybe something big happened in her life around the same time you shared your diagnosis with her, and she feels you didn't 'read' her need to talk to you about it or take an interest in her news/problem so is responding by no longer taking any interest in yours. Of course, I may be way off...