Trick or treating: seriously scared

I live on my own now because I have recently moved into a flat. I am very worried about the prospect of pesky trick or treaters (complete strangers) knocking on my door on the 31st. Of course I would not answer. I never answer the door to strangers/cold callers. But would they then do a nasty criminal prank? Like throw egg at my flat or set fire to a bin? I am probably just being paranoid. I live in a nice area with no antisocial behaviour record, but I am normally with my parents on the 31st. Thankfully, the last couple of years no-one has called, but some children knocked on the door a few years back demanding cash - 'trick or treat' they call. My Dad gave them money - I personally think this was wrong, it is not charity but glorified begging and would normally not be tolerated - I repeat, it is fine with family and friends, but this was not. I have Aspergers, I hate being disturbed, and I am worried some nutter will cause me grief on the 31st. I don't want some stupid sign on my door, so what can I do?

Parents
  • Some years ago my local council issued a no trick or treaters card to stick in the window and I use the card every year.  Since then, no-one has ever knocked at my door for trick or treat.

The card was issued in partnership with the local police and fire service.

It may be worth asking your local council/police if they have such a card.

• Some years ago my local council issued a no trick or treaters card to stick in the window and I use the card every year.  Since then, no-one has ever knocked at my door for trick or treat.

The card was issued in partnership with the local police and fire service.

It may be worth asking your local council/police if they have such a card.

Children
No Data