Autistic Expressionism As A Art Genre?

Hello,

not sure if this question has been asked before but here goes. I wonder if our view of the world could be considered as a art form? I am thinking of painting and film making and writing to reflect our joint experiences. There is so much talent out there considering the latest edition of The Spectrum and I would love to see more Autism art work exhibited and also more films on and made by people on the spectrum. I find it so much easier to express myself by writing and so complete all the logs for my local cycling club which makes the locals laugh so must be doing something right. Does anyone else find this easy than talking?

I would like to see more focus in the newspaper reviews on Autistic artists and more attention paid to films made by Autistic directors and film makers. What do you think?

Nick

Parents
  • Are you talking about art work specifically portraying autism, or art work in general by people with autism?

I think there's a need for the depiction of 'high-functioning' stories

I also find it easier communicating my difficulties through other forms than talking

• Are you talking about art work specifically portraying autism, or art work in general by people with autism?

I think there's a need for the depiction of 'high-functioning' stories

I also find it easier communicating my difficulties through other forms than talking

Children