Trust

How do other people on the spectrum deal with this?

I have always struggled with it because I know when I am so honest people always point this out.

Suddenly I have somebody I really cared about, note past tense cared, suggest I am dishonest, I have nearly lost my career due to my honesty! How do others cope with incidence of being accused of dishonesty?

Parents
  • Not very well - I get very anxious if I'm accused of dishonesty, or even imagine that someone *might* accuse me of it (especially if it's unfounded or there is good reason), or if I convince myself that I might have been dishonest. Maybe because of that, I've always tried to be honest.

I have always considered myself to be scrupulously honest, and probably because of this and possibly subconsciously,  I've expected everyone else to be the same because I've always trusted people implicitly despite what others might tell me about them (I want to give them a chance first). I've always had a rule that I will act according to what a person does when interacting with *me*, not according to what others say (that way lies confusion, complexity and mistakes). 

• Not very well - I get very anxious if I'm accused of dishonesty, or even imagine that someone *might* accuse me of it (especially if it's unfounded or there is good reason), or if I convince myself that I might have been dishonest. Maybe because of that, I've always tried to be honest.

I have always considered myself to be scrupulously honest, and probably because of this and possibly subconsciously,  I've expected everyone else to be the same because I've always trusted people implicitly despite what others might tell me about them (I want to give them a chance first). I've always had a rule that I will act according to what a person does when interacting with *me*, not according to what others say (that way lies confusion, complexity and mistakes). 

Children
No Data