Trust

How do other people on the spectrum deal with this?

I have always struggled with it because I know when I am so honest people always point this out.

Suddenly I have somebody I really cared about, note past tense cared, suggest I am dishonest, I have nearly lost my career due to my honesty! How do others cope with incidence of being accused of dishonesty?

Parents
  • I wouldn't take it too personally - especially as we all know people say bad things when strong emotions are involved.    They say things to hurt others to protect their own feelings - and the more you know someone, the more you know how to hurt them.

• I wouldn't take it too personally - especially as we all know people say bad things when strong emotions are involved.    They say things to hurt others to protect their own feelings - and the more you know someone, the more you know how to hurt them.

Children
  • Hi plastic, this wasn't said in an argument, it was said purely with the intent of causing me pain and it related to something else I had already explained I was hurt by it just felt like he wanted to stick the boot in to really drive the message away,

Like you said,

I get the feeling he says all these nasty things to drive me away and its working, I am finding that when this happens, its the third time in as many months, I will retaliate and say nasty things back in a temper and I don't like the person I feel I am becoming,

and the more you know someone, the more you know how to hurt them.

So true he knows exactly how to push my buttons, its just plain cruel, that's not love, I don't know what it is but its not love...