We need you

All autistic and ND and NA (lol) people who want to join please follow the link, engage in conversation 

https://join.slack.com/t/neurodiverses-2sm4183/shared_invite/enQtNzQ2MjYzOTgxMjAxLWNlMTRiNmVjMTE5YWM0ZTE2ZDkzMGVmYmY5ZmRmY2M5YjFiM2QwODk5MDQxOWU2NzZmNDU0ODhjZDRjNmRmMDU

We are Neurodiverse Self Advocacy !

We are autistic adults who came together to form a charity and build a self-advocacy and peer to peer support network dedicated to empowering autistic adults, harnessing our talents and knowledge to develop new supportive services to overcome our barriers and achieve equality in employment, relationship, and wellbeing..

We want to transform the attitude to autism in society and develop a supportive community with services that are relevant and helpful to us.

Our mission is:

• The support and enablement of Neuro Diverse People to lead healthy and fulfilling lives, achieve their life goals and realise their potential in order to achieve equality and fully contribute to society.

• By Neuro Diverse People we mean people on the autistic spectrum, who may also have ADHD, Dyslexia, Dyspraxia and co-occurring conditions such as epilepsy, OCD, Bipolar etc…
  • Autistic Spectrum Disorder includes Autism, Asperger’s, PDD-NOA
Parents
  • Tinyexplorer, you won’t find anyone who is interested in the welfare of others, particularly those worse off,  sticking around long on this site. They are mostly self interested in their own financial etc situations. They are mostly very articulate and able. See how they will argue with my assessment of them. 

Those of us with an interest in actually helping each other meet elsewhere. Just because we all think or know we are autistic doesn’t mean we share priorities and views. 

• Whilst on the whole i would agree with much of the sentiment expressed in your post, you choose some interesting generalisations to attempt to denigrate respondents with.

I didn't realise being articulate and intelligent precludes one from having ASD.

• Hi ALF. I am referring to the general trend of long term members here on NAS. Being articulate and able to do things doesn’t preclude one from having ASD by any means. You are right. 

However to be honest I find a lack of support on this forum for those less articulate and/or less affluent. There are plenty of articulate autists who do want to help others and support those not so well endowed (for want of a better word). 

For example, a member who became homeless was almost totally ignored. That’s just one of many examples I have observed. 

IF this initiative wants to help and support the less able to achieve their potential, maybe even into employment, then I would be happy to join. If it’s about me, me  me and what’s in it for ME, then it’s not my cup of tea either. I’ve found that here, unfortunately. It’s modern life and modern attitudes, not autism to blame. The majority of ALL humans are just self interested. 

ASD or not, we are the same cross section of society. I’ll creep off now into obscurity. 

• Actually criticism is very welcome. I call it debate. It lets me know other people’s points of view, whether I have misjudged something or someone or a situation. It also tells me so much more about the critic themselves! 

Reply Children
No Data