Was my Christianity one of my obsessions?

I am beginning to wonder whether Christianity was one of my obsessions when I was in my twenties? I am now forty and I still go to church but it is starting to feel like I go because that is what we do. It has became routine. I am questioning my faith and don't quite know what to do. 

Parents
  • Coming from a traditional Irish Catholic background, when I was growing up in the 1970’s and 1980’s Rural Ireland we were encouraged to have the “simple” (unquestioning) faith until I reached my teens and realising that I might be gay, looking at various scandals that were happening and various protests (I’ve always disliked those who hide behind religious teachings to justify thier own hateful attitudes just as much as hypocrisy and double standards to this day, on any side of these arguments on all issues) I’d taken my faith for granted and for a time, Id stopped going to Mass and Confession for a long time, then after various issues of non-acceptance with the gays in which Id cut all ties with and support for them, I came back to my faith just over 15 years ago, this time to the Traditional Mass in Latin of my grandparents generation, even though Id been born in 1970 after Vatican II - Id also taught myself to pray the Rosary in Latin and I found that it was the best thing that I ever did - to be “obsessed” with religion and with the eternal truths of the Christian faith is the best “obsession” to have as aside from anything else, it shows how some are weak in thier own faith and how some are not really as committed to thier faith as they ought to be, exposing the evil of thier hypocrisy 

• I get it.
    But it's about what YOU believe.
    You will only ever live a Happy life following a non-pressure  Belief in yourself.
    The fact you are questioning it would suggest your mind is being pulled Two ways.
    Please yourself, not others.
    It's YOUR life.

Reply Children
No Data