This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Do you run your own business?

My work life has reached a point where I am struggling and it is looking likely I will have to leave my job.  Due to worsening health and other issues, I don't think I can deal with highly demanding and stressful roles anymore, as it is putting too much strain on my health.

I have always wanted to run my own business as part of my stresses are sticking points within companies and politics that prevent you from getting on with the job.

I was curious if any of you run your own businesses and whether they provide a good income for you (don't have to give specifics as I appreciate that is private).

It's an idea I am mulling over, I just have worries about whether I will be able to cope and will my health let me down - so it is something I am going to have to think hard about.

We are a varied bunch, so I am interested to hear your stories for some inspiration.  Why did you decide to take the leap into running your own business.  Was it what you expected?

Parents
  • I have been doing my own business for 5 years. I  left a large company because he was completely exhausted.  If you are interested, I can recommend you an excellent company [removed by mod]. Factoring services help me to be sure that the client will make a payment for the goods on time and in full. Believe my experience, this is really important when you are engaged in sales. I have encountered a huge number of unscrupulous contractors and sometimes this discouraged any desire to continue doing this. But factoring solved the problem.

• I have been doing my own business for 5 years. I  left a large company because he was completely exhausted.  If you are interested, I can recommend you an excellent company [removed by mod]. Factoring services help me to be sure that the client will make a payment for the goods on time and in full. Believe my experience, this is really important when you are engaged in sales. I have encountered a huge number of unscrupulous contractors and sometimes this discouraged any desire to continue doing this. But factoring solved the problem.

Children
No Data