People downplaying autism

So I am finding people very frustrating. When you talk about your day to day struggles (because they ask) and people respond with “oh I’m like that too!” Or “isn’t everyone like that? Oh I must have autism too” and I’m just like what is going on with the world??? Anyone else had these issues with people????

Parents
  • Additionally, for me:-

• You need to only focus on one thing at a time (with is an autistic/Asperger's trait). Yet I can multitask on many small things rather than one huge unachievable millstone (which is outside of my control)
    • One track mind - hyper focussed and obsessions (an Autistic/Asperger's trait) - know what I know from a lifetime of learning, maybe even a little on the savant side (just a thought).
    • Don't listen - especially when overloaded of course and/or when I know more that they do.
    • Tapping fingers, feet which annoys some people (an autistic/Asperger's trait) but the office chit chat will never stop (sound overload) but controlled sounds block it out.

• Additionally, for me:-

• You need to only focus on one thing at a time (with is an autistic/Asperger's trait). Yet I can multitask on many small things rather than one huge unachievable millstone (which is outside of my control)
    • One track mind - hyper focussed and obsessions (an Autistic/Asperger's trait) - know what I know from a lifetime of learning, maybe even a little on the savant side (just a thought).
    • Don't listen - especially when overloaded of course and/or when I know more that they do.
    • Tapping fingers, feet which annoys some people (an autistic/Asperger's trait) but the office chit chat will never stop (sound overload) but controlled sounds block it out.

Children
No Data