People downplaying autism

So I am finding people very frustrating. When you talk about your day to day struggles (because they ask) and people respond with “oh I’m like that too!” Or “isn’t everyone like that? Oh I must have autism too” and I’m just like what is going on with the world??? Anyone else had these issues with people????

Parents
  • I get the opposite at work - until I have a formal diagnosis then I do not have this lifelong undiagnosed condition.

Everyone happens to have the gene yet only few encounter the side effects of specific triggers and resultant behaviours.  We do not actually need a diagnosis but for the NT’s or when we are triggered out and in stress/anxiety/meltdown central that a full assessment becomes key.

• I get the opposite at work - until I have a formal diagnosis then I do not have this lifelong undiagnosed condition.

Everyone happens to have the gene yet only few encounter the side effects of specific triggers and resultant behaviours.  We do not actually need a diagnosis but for the NT’s or when we are triggered out and in stress/anxiety/meltdown central that a full assessment becomes key.

Children
No Data