Learning to Drive - Sensory

I'm trying to learn to drive at the moment. I've had 30 hours of lessons and it's mostly going fine, but I'm really struggling to cope with the sensations of the car/ road. I can manage most of it, usually, but I really struggle with the feeling of changing gear, which is making hill starts particularly really difficult because I don't like making the engine rev because it's loud and feels horrible. And to make it worse my instructor has just got a new car and it's it's really loud.

Does anyone have any experience of learning to drive and overcoming the sensory stuff that I'm finding quite overwhelming?

Parents
  • I know exactly what you are experiencing. 

By some miracle i passed my driving test 4th time.

About the 2nd week of driving on my own I took a bend at a wrong angle and crashed into a front garden wall. Lucky nobody was around to get hurt. I managed to brake before hitting the persons house.

I never drove again.

Probably not the encouragement you were looking for.

• I know exactly what you are experiencing. 

By some miracle i passed my driving test 4th time.

About the 2nd week of driving on my own I took a bend at a wrong angle and crashed into a front garden wall. Lucky nobody was around to get hurt. I managed to brake before hitting the persons house.

I never drove again.

Probably not the encouragement you were looking for.

Children
No Data