Assessment tomorrow. Tired and feel like a fraud

It seems a lot of people feel that way going into the assessment. Feel like I'm going to be wasting their time. Also feel unprepared because I haven't been obsessively looking at all things autism in the last couple of weeks since my assessment was rescheduled (as I had been doing the last few months...). Don't know how to prepare myself for them telling me I don't have it and you're back to square one. Of course if I don't then I don't and that's fine, but it'll be hard. I also have to leave my dogs alone for a few hours while I'm at the assessment and I'll just end up worrying about whether they're okay. Almost feel like I don't want to go. I will because I have waited a long time and I need closure either way but I feel wrong about it somewhow. Anyway. If anyone is interested I will let you know how it goes.

Parents
  • I felt exactly the same. I deliberately didn't research or read too much as I wanted to go in there with an open mind. I didn't think I had much sensory issues, until the assessor started asking me questions along the lines of "do you find this?" me "yes but doesn't everyone?" him "erm, no", or questions along the lines of "what do you do if this happens?" me "I don't have a problem with that as I always avoid it". I didn't read too much on these forums or post anything as in my mind my issues could be due to a whole bunch of things. However, it was worth the positive diagnosis. I no longer have to stress and worry about why I have issues. Good luck with getting through the process and try not to stress too much about it, although I know that is hard.

• I felt exactly the same. I deliberately didn't research or read too much as I wanted to go in there with an open mind. I didn't think I had much sensory issues, until the assessor started asking me questions along the lines of "do you find this?" me "yes but doesn't everyone?" him "erm, no", or questions along the lines of "what do you do if this happens?" me "I don't have a problem with that as I always avoid it". I didn't read too much on these forums or post anything as in my mind my issues could be due to a whole bunch of things. However, it was worth the positive diagnosis. I no longer have to stress and worry about why I have issues. Good luck with getting through the process and try not to stress too much about it, although I know that is hard.

Children
No Data