Another one diagnosed!

Following on from my thread last week, I have now been diagnosed with Asperger's. 

I thought I'd feel really happy but I'm still at the confused/denial stage. I do have aftercare available to me but im going to give it a few months to let the diagnosis settle in first. 

Parents
  • Keep talking here SB. Knowledge is power but it may take time to settle. I also find that writing about it, e.g. blogging or posting here, is helpful in sorting things through.

You were worried that you'd be weeded out as a faker - now you know you're not, so that's one worry out of the way?

• Keep talking here SB. Knowledge is power but it may take time to settle. I also find that writing about it, e.g. blogging or posting here, is helpful in sorting things through.

You were worried that you'd be weeded out as a faker - now you know you're not, so that's one worry out of the way?

Children
  • I know, there's no pleasing me is there?! This is the outcome I wanted, I should be over the moon! 

I feel partly like maybe they made a mistake. My assessment was nowhere near as thorough as yours was. 

I also feel cross that I didn't know this 25 years ago when I was struggling at school and not understanding why I couldn't act like everyone else. Oh well, at least I know now!