Assessment tomorrow!!

I've posted before under a NAS username and told myself I wouldnt post on here again until I chose a new username, then I couldn't decide what to call myself so I just didn't post. Sorry. I promise I'll contribute more now rather than just asking for support from you all all the time. 

Having said that...here I am posting for support again! I have my assessment tomorrow and I'm getting very, very nervous. I've gone back and forth a lot over the past 3 years about whether I am autistic or not and I'm currently feeling that I am not and that I'm probably just a hypochondriac/drama queen who wishes neurodevelopmental disorders on herself. 

I haven't done any prep work like sending in reams of info about myself, etc, even though I really wanted to, because I felt like it would just stress me out more. I've decided just to go along, answer the questions, do the tests and see what happens. 

I'm sure a lot of you felt like this about your assessments? What did you do that helped? What helped calm any assessment anxieties? 

Parents
  • Good luck with your assesment hopefully you will get the answers you are looking for.

I remember being nervous waiting around just looking at the pictures on the wall etc and then my assessor came over and said "I won't be long I'm just setting up the room" I panicked then and said to my wife what do they mean setting up the room? Wife giggled she knows what I'm like, I hate the unexpected. Long story short the assessor just wanted to make sure the room was tidy.

Try and relax, from my experience the lady was really nice which helped settle my nerves and I just answered as many questions as I could.

Good luck.

• Thanks. I would've panicked at that too! Apparently part of the assessment involves 'fun tasks' which instantly had me worrying as my idea of fun often doesn't match up with other people's ideas of fun! 

Reply Children
No Data