The most excited I've ever been

Just musing on this (fairly short) list, all to do with anticipating (i.e. the few weeks before):

• As a teenager, getting my first 125cc motorbike to replace my 50cc one
  • Xmas as a child when I knew I was getting electronic components or radio equipment
  • Getting my first digital watch when I was 9, and ringing "8081" to set the time to the nearest second!
  • Coming home from school to my *stereo FM* radio alarm clock
  • Starting grammar school (it wasn't really, but used to be and pretended it still was)
  • Maths lessons and physics lessons at school - especially doubles periods!
  • My car license test as a teenager
  • My degree results as a young adult
  • Moving house in my 20s & 30s
  • My motorbike test as an adult
  • Buying motorbike related stuff
  • Buying radio equipment
  • Buying camera equipment
  • My clinical interview for ASD in Feb 2019
  • My ADOS test in a couple of weeks' time
Parents
  • I'm really glad you have had so many happy times Slight smile . It's nice to be able to look back on some of the best moments of your life.

One I remember is the bedtime stories my mum used to read to me. She would lay in the bed with me and tell me incredible stories, and provide sound effects and voices. I can remember cuddling her and slowly falling to sleep beside her as she read to me. I also used to go on lots of fun journeys with my dad, we often journeyed together and for me, those were the best days.

• Childhood happiness often seems to be the best - a combination of security, inability to imagine adult problems and the wonder of experiencing things for the first time.

I'm trying to reverse the trend of getting jaded as I get older - with some success recently. It's a shame that what comes easily as a child has to be fought for as an adult!

• Childhood happiness often seems to be the best - a combination of security, inability to imagine adult problems and the wonder of experiencing things for the first time.

I'm trying to reverse the trend of getting jaded as I get older - with some success recently. It's a shame that what comes easily as a child has to be fought for as an adult!

Children
No Data