prioritising, organising, thinking ahead and remembering.

good day all.

So I've struggled for as long as I can remember predicting the consequences of an action, understanding the concept of time, detail-focused and less able to see the whole picture. I am a visual thinker.

How do you all deal with this? Do you have techniques that help you with day to day life and more complex long term objectives at work?

Parents
  • I forget that Time passes and that the laws of physics cause - for example- my car to deteriorate over time.  If I remembered that Time does pass in the way it does for all things I would then not be surprised at the effects of ageing on all things, including myself.  It seems likely that I am mortal, a concept which makes sense on one level but offends my ego to such an extend that I use my imagination to dismiss it. 
    The car manufacturers are not trying to sell me rubbish: as Time passes, overused parts naturally get tired.

Reality +Me =?

• I forget that Time passes and that the laws of physics cause - for example- my car to deteriorate over time.  If I remembered that Time does pass in the way it does for all things I would then not be surprised at the effects of ageing on all things, including myself.  It seems likely that I am mortal, a concept which makes sense on one level but offends my ego to such an extend that I use my imagination to dismiss it. 
    The car manufacturers are not trying to sell me rubbish: as Time passes, overused parts naturally get tired.

Reality +Me =?

Children
No Data