Shopping trip too much

I'm just overloaded right now. Our nearest pharmacy is in a supermarket that's just been done up. New layout, louder, brighter lights. I just went alone to get medicine for my son and bandages.

On looking for bandages accidentally walk into an old man. Apologised, I'm usually not too bad for bumping into people and special awareness usually just walk into objects but I was already overwhelmed.

I said oh I'm so sorry to this old guy and his response was to tell at me and call me names

I was in shock. A few minutes I decided to catch up with him and say it's not okay to tell at someone like that your language is disgusting and I had apologised yet your equally to blame. But he yelled more so I walked off and took a pic of him on my phone. I stupidly put a pic of the man on our local site and described that we both walked into each other and he had yelled abuse. (This sites usually full of youngsters doing x y and z and oh their so bad) but everyone thought an old man being aggressive was hilarious. I just dont understand the world I really dont. I'm in floods of tears writing this hate people

Parents
  • I'm so sorry you had this experience it is never acceptable to be abused by anyone. 

I recently had a nasty experience with an elderly lady, I was waiting for bus which terrifies me anyway only went out as had hospital appointment had my mum and baby with me, Anyway bus drove straight past didn't bother to stop, so I called the office and they instructed the driver to return, when we got on the bus I thanked the driver but was greated with a verbal tirade from several elderly women calling me stupid and ridiculous for making the bus come back. If I had spoken to someone like that I would be thrown off but as they were old it was fine apparently. 

You should never have to get abused 

• Exactly my point! I see everyone as equal. Age, colour, fame! All equal but apparently this is wrong. 

Theres been lots of people saying the youngsters done this or that but if it's an elderly person its deemed fine. 

From my stressful trip out to get medicine for my boy in an overly stimulating shop I've come home in tears, still keep crying. For one little bump and we were both walking both should have been looking. 

As I've said before I am too nice I do need to toughen up. I moved into my street and a couple actually commented with me moving in it's like the old days again. Apparently i have co.munity spirit. If someone needs help help them (although they have to directly tell me as i dont understand vagueness) if i have spare vegetables I've grown i give them for free, usually with the better neighbours its appreciated. 

I live in 1940s films and stories as that's my thing i go to in stress and to feel calm maybe I'm stuck in the old way of life? Modern TV is too violent and full of the way people act now 

• I'm a huge fan of Doris Day films - light fluff, witty and no stress.  Smiley

• You too thanks again plastic

• People's roles were so much better defined in those days - simpler rules, less ambiguity, less stress.

Have a nice afternoon Smiley

• Me too! I'd happily live in that era i think. I watch old films, play old records and have old radio stories on my phone. I'm going to wrap myself up in my 40s bubble now. Thank you all for helping calm me I struggle seeing the big picture even though I try to

• Me too! I'd happily live in that era i think. I watch old films, play old records and have old radio stories on my phone. I'm going to wrap myself up in my 40s bubble now. Thank you all for helping calm me I struggle seeing the big picture even though I try to

Children