That post diagnostic feeling

Maybe I'm odd  but now I've got the diagnosis I'm not ecstatic or anything.  It's just a 'Well I was right all along" feeling .  I'm still the same person ,warts and all,than I was before.

It's not as though there has been a sea change or anything.  I think this may be due to the awareness that there's little out there for adults , and I can't see how this is going to affect me going forwards.

Parents
  • As Original Prankster said, it's quite normal and can take a while to get your head around. I flip between "this is great, now I know I'm not going insane and there's a reason why I am the way I am" and "so life is going to be this hard forever, there's no quick fix". I think it's such a huge positive though learning how your brain functions and getting to know your own behaviours. This can help towards having less bad days (meltdowns, anxiety etc etc) and more good days (being "happy" although I find happy to be a complicated concept). It also helps you to have better relationships with others as you are more able to explain your behaviours. 

• As Original Prankster said, it's quite normal and can take a while to get your head around. I flip between "this is great, now I know I'm not going insane and there's a reason why I am the way I am" and "so life is going to be this hard forever, there's no quick fix". I think it's such a huge positive though learning how your brain functions and getting to know your own behaviours. This can help towards having less bad days (meltdowns, anxiety etc etc) and more good days (being "happy" although I find happy to be a complicated concept). It also helps you to have better relationships with others as you are more able to explain your behaviours. 

Children
No Data