Do I Look Autistic Yet?

Are you trying to explain a few things to the GenPop?

This article might help

www.msn.com/.../ar-AABFJGZ

Parents
  • Yes I do think labelling is going to be a problem like for poor old Archie in the cartoon (Archie is having a terrible time there). I wonder how people who already know me would react? I just don't know and that's why I am thinking it over.

• For what it's worth, I've been open about it with everyone... I treating it as no different to being diagnosed as having diabetes or epilepsy.

I'll either just drop it into conversation if it feels contextually relevant...

"Can you turn your music down please? I'm autistic and have sensitivity to noise..."

"Can you email that to me? I'm autistiac and need time to process information..."

"By the way, I've been seeing a psychologist since the beginning of the year and was diagnosed 3 weeks ago as being autistic - you'd probably be more familiar with it being called 'Asperger Syndrome'..."

So far the response has been overwhelmingly positive from friends, family and work colleagues.

Most common response?

"I'm not surprised..."

Smiley

• For what it's worth, I've been open about it with everyone... I treating it as no different to being diagnosed as having diabetes or epilepsy.

I'll either just drop it into conversation if it feels contextually relevant...

"Can you turn your music down please? I'm autistic and have sensitivity to noise..."

"Can you email that to me? I'm autistiac and need time to process information..."

"By the way, I've been seeing a psychologist since the beginning of the year and was diagnosed 3 weeks ago as being autistic - you'd probably be more familiar with it being called 'Asperger Syndrome'..."

So far the response has been overwhelmingly positive from friends, family and work colleagues.

Most common response?

"I'm not surprised..."

Smiley

Children
No Data