Working customer service with aspergers?

Hey,

I have aspergers and struggle with social interaction as well as sensory issues, but work full time in a busy restaurant due to the need to earn money. I am not currently qualified to do anything else really. I really struggle on a daily basis and it is exhausting and stressful dealing with constant interaction and a very busy and pressurised work environment. Does anyone have any tips of how to cope in this sort of environment? Any techniques? 

Parents
  • Life is hard, and I'm also still trying to find techniques as well! 

I can understand how a very busy environment and constant interaction can be stressful. I'm not sure what the best suggestion is, I guess maybe try to look after yourself during the weekend or evenings whenever you get a chance to take a break. I think having some quiet time away from work once in a while is quite helpful, so I can recharge, and then face work/people again.

• Life is hard, and I'm also still trying to find techniques as well! 

I can understand how a very busy environment and constant interaction can be stressful. I'm not sure what the best suggestion is, I guess maybe try to look after yourself during the weekend or evenings whenever you get a chance to take a break. I think having some quiet time away from work once in a while is quite helpful, so I can recharge, and then face work/people again.

Children
No Data