Working customer service with aspergers?

Hey,

I have aspergers and struggle with social interaction as well as sensory issues, but work full time in a busy restaurant due to the need to earn money. I am not currently qualified to do anything else really. I really struggle on a daily basis and it is exhausting and stressful dealing with constant interaction and a very busy and pressurised work environment. Does anyone have any tips of how to cope in this sort of environment? Any techniques? 

• Security guard work, perhaps? Well, another kind of work? Data entry?

• the problem i find is you end up becoming a people pleaser and sacrifice your own feelings and wellbeing trying to fit in.... im stuck in my job, i know its making me worse but having no money is also not going to help - if your lucky you will find a workplace thats understanding and then find out that that understanding only lasts so long. 

• I worked in a bar in 2008 and also found it very difficult going. Can you maybe try to change your role? Ask to start a position as commis chef so you're in the kitchen. 

Or try a career change. Try and get a data entry job. You sit at a desk and enter lots of data. Pretty dull, but less stress.

• Have you considered an office job perhaps where it would be a bit less stressful? Or how about going for an apprenticeship in something? There are apprenticeships in everything these days. If you were unhappy in your current work I mean. Do you think if you found a way to cope better in the environment you would enjoy it more? 

• Life is hard, and I'm also still trying to find techniques as well! 

I can understand how a very busy environment and constant interaction can be stressful. I'm not sure what the best suggestion is, I guess maybe try to look after yourself during the weekend or evenings whenever you get a chance to take a break. I think having some quiet time away from work once in a while is quite helpful, so I can recharge, and then face work/people again.