Are you good at identifying emotions/feelings within yourself?

Example 1: At my last psych appointment the pdoc said I looked happy. I didn't think I was.

Example 2: Was recently seen at main hospital emergency department  because of chest pains. Tests were ok, but BP was higher than normal . Had to go for follow up the next day . Doctor said it had been  raised because I was anxious. Apparently my pulse rate was fast.  I hadn't noticed I was anxious.

I don't think it happens all the time ie I sometimes know when I'm anxious etc .

Parents
  • I can totally relate, I have alexithymia and that is mainly around emotional experiences and problems, you might want to check it out.

I hate the question how do you feel as almost all of the time I feel neutral and the only times I don’t feel neutral is when I’m horrifically depressed or ecstatic. I use music to try and trigger emotions and get a mental response to what I’m seeing.

For example I watched someone die and I was quite interested in what was happening but felt no emotion at all.

Whereas I was more emotionally affected when I saw Gotham wasn’t renewing for a 6th season.

My emotional responses are often unpredictable which makes me a difficult person to understand or predict. I find it difficult to understand other people’s emotions and can never give advice or emotional comfort.

I can never know what words to describe how I’m feeling and when I don’t feel anything I often have to put on certain emotions.

I can tell if I’m anxious as that happens a lot and when I’m annoyed but that’s mostly it.

• Hi Will Young! (I won’t do my usual habit of just putting an initial for your second name!) Sorry. I can be skitty, no offence meant. I agree with you that it is I important to be you as far as you can, without causing harm to others of course. I too use music to bring out my background emotions. I think they are already there, but music brings them to a more recognisable place. 

Again I can be skitty if someone asks me how I feel and if I am perplexed and cannot find the words I might just quip “With my fingers!” 

Next question might be “How do you see yourself?”

Answer “In a mirror. “ 

I do know what they are actually asking these days, but it’s difficult to respond with language/body language they understand. 

• Same, I can totally relate with the skitty comments like when someone asks me how to do something like cook a nice meal or make a nice cake. I’ll just say put put it in the oven and take it out so it doesn’t burn. 

People get annoyed with me when I do it as I can’t explain stuff properly and I often take their question literally.

Most people get freaked out by what I talk about because it doesn’t phase me but it does them. Like the Second World War or murders and how to get away with one.

People tell me to talk about things with people and then when I do they criticise the topics in the conversation. NT’s are so annoying sometimes. 

• The ball boys actually had special training before hand on the instructions of Jurgen Klopp to ensure they gave the ball back as quickly as possible to the Liverpool players. Eg they always have a spare ball in their hands and are strategically placed near the corner flags rather than collect the ball that has gone out of play.

• There are ball boys and they are employed by a team and only work at that stadium but all the ball boy would have done is just done his job properly and not time waste.

• The reasons Football is important to me is that I love the sport as it’s fun, gives exercise and helps get any fire inside you out.

Supporting a team for me is just probably the community and the feeling of having something in common to talk about because I’m very different to most people.

I support Arsenal because I’m from London, not north London but east London is close enough. East London is riddled with poverty and grit. It’s a bit like south London just the white mans version.

• Yep. All I know about last night is that someone scored a goal and a lot of people got very excited over it. The thing that I'm a little interested in is that I heard that the goal was helped by a quick-thinking "ball boy" & I thought "ball persons" were limited to tennis? But also, shouldn't a ball person be neutral and not help a specific team?

I may have got those facts totally wrong as I only heard about the goal on the news and my wife told me the thing about the ball boy.

• I don't get it either.  Except I live near Watford - and all the football fans are going completely nuts - they can't speak about anything else but cup finals.   

I went to school with Vinnie Jones.   Apparently, the school was so rough that everyone is either in prison or dead. According to his biography. 

I must not have noticed because of all the nice people surrounded by countryside.

• It simply doesn't move me. I think this might be linked to Alexithymia (maybe?) as I had a long conversation with someone once who was trying to convey to me the excitement and emotion of supporting a team and it meant nothing to me.

There might also be a bit of "demand avoidance" as the culture I grew up in said that part of becoming a man was to choose a team to support. I couldn't see why I should, so I didn't.

Add to that the fact that most of those at school who went on about football were absolute tossers and that was the final nail in the coffin.

So it's both; the game doesn't excite me, and being a supporter perplexes me. I do understand that the emotion of supporters can inspire the team to try harder as I've experienced this myself when I'm running for instance and people cheer me on. But I simply don't care who wins a football game.

• I am particularly interested in war planes and combustion engine aircraft like spitfires and Messerschmidts. 

The Battle of Britain is one of my favourite topics ever in the world, everything about it is just so cool.

I am a bit obsessed with the uk’s defence budget and current situation from the new  f-22 raptors that have been purchased to the plans for the new dreadnought class nuclear submarines. 

Have you seen the tempest project for the 6th generation fighter. It looks like something from a sci-fi game.

• They blew their first chance from a top 4 league finish but if we (Arsenal) can win the europa league then we will have a space. 

Its not emery’s fault because he isn’t getting the funds to replace the Crappy players around the stars like aubameyang. It’s kroenke’s fault for not giving the manager any money to spend.

• Will Young, nice to meet you . You told a few things about yourself.

I like science, aeronautics [like air show and air crash investigation), films (some),music,history and art.

I also love this:  astronomy and aeronautics. Planes and rockets, gravity and planets. 

hen I was a little girl we had architecture books, I loved looking at building plans, various styles, yam

• Arsenal blew their chances of a Champions league place when it had been well within their grasp. Negative chatter  already about  Unai Emery .

• I will listen to you about nature!!!!!

• Yes nature is cool I’m more of a fish or shark person but I have a pet lizard. I like cool animals not cute ones cause their weak.

My favourite aspect of science is astronomy and aeronautics. Planes and rockets, gravity and planets. 

Stuff like how a teaspoon of dust from a core of a super nova can weigh billions of tons due to how it’s so compressed just blows my mind.

In terms of art I mainly focus on architecture and buildings but anything modern will fascinate me.

What type of music do you like?

• I’m an arsenal fan but even that Liverpool comeback was something special in football. My dad supports Liverpool so his reaction was quite loud.

• What’s wrong with football, is it that u don’t like the game or don’t get why people support a team.

• Science, music, art - now I’m listening! Would you listen to me talking about nature? 

• The obsession with football is something I *really* don't get. The winner of a football game has as much to do with my life as the weather on Mars.

• They were just two examples I like 

science, aeronautics, films,TV, football, sport,music,history and art.

I just mean it can be hard to talk to an NT person. That’s probably why beat friend has bipolar and mild autism/Aspergers.

I prefer to talk 1 on 1 instead of group conversations.

• They were just two examples I like 

science, aeronautics, films,TV, football, sport,music,history and art.

I just mean it can be hard to talk to an NT person. That’s probably why beat friend has bipolar and mild autism/Aspergers.

I prefer to talk 1 on 1 instead of group conversations.

Children
  • I am particularly interested in war planes and combustion engine aircraft like spitfires and Messerschmidts. 

The Battle of Britain is one of my favourite topics ever in the world, everything about it is just so cool.

I am a bit obsessed with the uk’s defence budget and current situation from the new  f-22 raptors that have been purchased to the plans for the new dreadnought class nuclear submarines. 

Have you seen the tempest project for the 6th generation fighter. It looks like something from a sci-fi game.

• Will Young, nice to meet you . You told a few things about yourself.

I like science, aeronautics [like air show and air crash investigation), films (some),music,history and art.

I also love this:  astronomy and aeronautics. Planes and rockets, gravity and planets. 

hen I was a little girl we had architecture books, I loved looking at building plans, various styles, yam

• I will listen to you about nature!!!!!

• Yes nature is cool I’m more of a fish or shark person but I have a pet lizard. I like cool animals not cute ones cause their weak.

My favourite aspect of science is astronomy and aeronautics. Planes and rockets, gravity and planets. 

Stuff like how a teaspoon of dust from a core of a super nova can weigh billions of tons due to how it’s so compressed just blows my mind.

In terms of art I mainly focus on architecture and buildings but anything modern will fascinate me.

What type of music do you like?

• Science, music, art - now I’m listening! Would you listen to me talking about nature?