Paraphilias and sexuality in Autism

Is it more common for people with Autism to get 'turned on' in an unconventional way, namely through fetishes and paraphilias?

For example, getting 'turned on' by a certain perfume associated with a particular person and becoming obsessed with that perfume, obsessions with parts of the body as opposed to the whole body, 'turned on' by underwear or taboos. I have a number of these myself, getting pleasure in an unconventional way, which I never talk about to people I know because I am aware that it is not 'normal'.  I have been aroused by these things since I was about 8 years old.

Parents
  • Hi I have some fetishes as well, I'm turned on very much by men's underwear, I long to see it and touch it and smell it on a man who I find so attractive.  I also have a men's fart fetish and I am turned on by some accents such as Welsh, Birmingham,  Newcastle, Spanish. Some words make me aroused as well and some music.

I'm nearly 50 yrs of age, I'm autistic and gay, I have had the Men's underwear fetish since the age of 6yrs old and I've never had a partner.  I can't even talk about it to anyone as nobody is willing to hear what I feel, I keep all the feelings inside and it causes depression.

I feel happy being able to share this here, thank you for giving me this chance and if you ever wish to talk I'll be happy to listen also.

• Hi I have some fetishes as well, I'm turned on very much by men's underwear, I long to see it and touch it and smell it on a man who I find so attractive.  I also have a men's fart fetish and I am turned on by some accents such as Welsh, Birmingham,  Newcastle, Spanish. Some words make me aroused as well and some music.

I'm nearly 50 yrs of age, I'm autistic and gay, I have had the Men's underwear fetish since the age of 6yrs old and I've never had a partner.  I can't even talk about it to anyone as nobody is willing to hear what I feel, I keep all the feelings inside and it causes depression.

I feel happy being able to share this here, thank you for giving me this chance and if you ever wish to talk I'll be happy to listen also.

Children
No Data