NTs and how they are re your interests?

I have what is ,I believe, a heightened interest in doing online tests (IQ and other). Several times NTs have called me out on it. Admittedly I post quite a lot about the results, but as far as I can see I'm not harming anyone though I might be boring them. Often such remarks from NTs smack of disapproval , ie 'How could you be so obsessed with that?' , though I believe my interest is at the milder end of the scale compared to the interests of some here.

Parents
  • My interests or hobbies are fairly standard ones - trains, train timetables, planes & airshows, maps, gardening. Maybe maps doesn't count. Oh and concrete and concrete architecture. Any of those could be normal hobbies (well maybe if you're male and 40 years older than me - I do tend to stick out a lot at say model railway exhibitions ...) Perhaps not concrete. Anyone else a fan of 1960s precast concrete? Thought not :p or how about old railway signal boxes? Haha

• I'm a Pan-Geekist so I have immense interest in anything technical or nerdy.

A couple of days ago at a social event I was introduced to someone sarcastically as the resident know-all.  The thing is, I do know a shed-load of stuff about all sorts of stuff. 

I really think NTs have a fragile ego and are not comfortable with feeling insecure around people.

It's odd that they like my knowledge when they need someone for a pub-quiz team.

• Or a favour of some kind like - art work or a free water sports session, using my gear :D

Reply Children