NTs and how they are re your interests?

I have what is ,I believe, a heightened interest in doing online tests (IQ and other). Several times NTs have called me out on it. Admittedly I post quite a lot about the results, but as far as I can see I'm not harming anyone though I might be boring them. Often such remarks from NTs smack of disapproval , ie 'How could you be so obsessed with that?' , though I believe my interest is at the milder end of the scale compared to the interests of some here.

• Today it’s surveillance capitalism - data as the commodity. 

Yeah - I think gay people still feel that. Lots depends on where they live and how they look. 

I look large and threatening apparently - so I’m told but honestly all that’s in me is pure LOVE  But I feel like I’ve got a million pounds to share out in info but everyone finds it’s threatening too! 

I work for free sometimes and then even that is treated with suspicion and abused 

• Do you think gay people in the past felt the same.. in a "hetreosexual world" ? I do think its the same side of the coin but LGBTQ has progressed much further.

I think its a matter of perception. I feel lucky to be in this world and notice a lot of yhings other people dont do. On the other hand if you talked to me about capitalism then yes that is definitely an "us and them" mentality.

• Or to fix something they broke.

• Or a favour of some kind like - art work or a free water sports session, using my gear :D

• I thnk this forum makes me feel raw every time i come on it. Becasue it is mostly us saying how sorry we are to the NT world :(

• I'm a Pan-Geekist so I have immense interest in anything technical or nerdy.

A couple of days ago at a social event I was introduced to someone sarcastically as the resident know-all.  The thing is, I do know a shed-load of stuff about all sorts of stuff. 

I really think NTs have a fragile ego and are not comfortable with feeling insecure around people.

It's odd that they like my knowledge when they need someone for a pub-quiz team.

• Hey yeah - exactly. I was think that too but resisted :)

• Science itself is an autistic creation. Or Autism itself is science try to talk to normal folk. 

I have always known this and its the one tging that makes me autistic. Seeing the true nature of the universe and how it works. Not why it works but how. 

I can see both ways - The Maya (society, nature, the system, cars, culture, people etc) or the other side. 

The real reality that is hidden beneath words. If you go non verbal - its there right in fron of and behind us. 

It look like - Whatever i choose. :)

Of course those episodes as a child were scary as hell. Like hell on earth - seeing whats behind the veil of maya

• Pretty much - The Big TOE

The Thoery Of Everything.

Starting when I first ever looked up and noticed the stars in the night sky. Like yesterday I remember, I was about 4-5. Then at 9 we did astronomy project at school - That is when I saw the inner workings for the first time, in a Newtonian sense, or like what i reffer to as The Fishtank Universe. The FTU is how people see reality today. Even top scientists still think space is like the empty parts of a fishtank. Or they think it is like a snooker table where one ball hits the other - cause and effect. 

We now know that tht is wrong. Some do anyway. 

I undertstand nowadays why Im into that stuff and how it has built this illusion of space and time - Maya

• Im sorry if i have touched a nerve. I can see this "dualism" is happening right in front of my eyes. On this thread.  Yes im aware of what happened to 2 of the contestants. I think i was watching this programme for different reasons to most people and like i said it was a one off.. something out of the ordinary which i dont usually partake in. One of the contestants last year was autistic. 

• Hi Wavey, what are your interests / hobbies?

• Hey - you should ask the guy who just posted about suiced in another thread whether its an Us and Them culture... 

Nowt personal by the way - i dont even know you. You are just a few sentneces on my mac screen. :D

• Love island - thats the one where the constestants kill themsleves? No?

• Anything you can name in this nasty culture is designed to make us fight with each other. 

In the words of Hendrix - Every 'Inch Of Earth Is a Fighting Nest'     

Look up - Framing effect, and Lockstep thinking, then you'll see :)

• Well - those NT people I thought I knew, I still know - my closest friends. Guess what - they thought they were NT too, just like I did. There is an Us and Them, society and that is that. That is what our culture teaches us. No escape. If it aint Us and them , NT and ASD, it will be us and them - Tory v Labour.

We are taught toi be dualistic - it is in our DNA as westerners. Period. 

• I completely disagree and i dont like this "us and them" mentality. Maybe im just lucky to know some interesting "neurotypical" people. I was obsessed with Love Island last year. Does that make me "neurotypical?  Absolutely not. It was something completely different for me which is probably why i was so obsessed. No one else i knew was watching it. 

• Bored to death - simply put. 

All they’re interested in is petty, chit chat, burble, banter, brouhaha, Babel, criticism, double talk, small talk..... Anything intersecting? Only if you’re into adult Barbie & Ken - Barbie & Ken are basically the NT world as grown up. 

Oh - I think some NTs like that Made In Chelsea too :) 

• My interests or hobbies are fairly standard ones - trains, train timetables, planes & airshows, maps, gardening. Maybe maps doesn't count. Oh and concrete and concrete architecture. Any of those could be normal hobbies (well maybe if you're male and 40 years older than me - I do tend to stick out a lot at say model railway exhibitions ...) Perhaps not concrete. Anyone else a fan of 1960s precast concrete? Thought not :p or how about old railway signal boxes? Haha

• I go through phases of liking to do online tests. I don't post about it though so I guess people don't know that.

I think with my other interests it varies. I know other people that are NT that are nearly as obsessed as I am so they are quite happy for me to go on and on. But when it is someone who is not interested they tend to shut me down (I don't think this is necessarily an NT thing though, just a I don't share that interest thing). People tend to get annoyed when I start repeating myself. Sometimes I talk about the same thing over and over. Again I think autistic people would probably get just as annoyed with me.