NTs and how they are re your interests?

I have what is ,I believe, a heightened interest in doing online tests (IQ and other). Several times NTs have called me out on it. Admittedly I post quite a lot about the results, but as far as I can see I'm not harming anyone though I might be boring them. Often such remarks from NTs smack of disapproval , ie 'How could you be so obsessed with that?' , though I believe my interest is at the milder end of the scale compared to the interests of some here.

Parents
  • Bored to death - simply put. 

All they’re interested in is petty, chit chat, burble, banter, brouhaha, Babel, criticism, double talk, small talk..... Anything intersecting? Only if you’re into adult Barbie & Ken - Barbie & Ken are basically the NT world as grown up. 

Oh - I think some NTs like that Made In Chelsea too :) 

• I completely disagree and i dont like this "us and them" mentality. Maybe im just lucky to know some interesting "neurotypical" people. I was obsessed with Love Island last year. Does that make me "neurotypical?  Absolutely not. It was something completely different for me which is probably why i was so obsessed. No one else i knew was watching it. 

• Well - those NT people I thought I knew, I still know - my closest friends. Guess what - they thought they were NT too, just like I did. There is an Us and Them, society and that is that. That is what our culture teaches us. No escape. If it aint Us and them , NT and ASD, it will be us and them - Tory v Labour.

We are taught toi be dualistic - it is in our DNA as westerners. Period. 

• Today it’s surveillance capitalism - data as the commodity. 

Yeah - I think gay people still feel that. Lots depends on where they live and how they look. 

I look large and threatening apparently - so I’m told but honestly all that’s in me is pure LOVE  But I feel like I’ve got a million pounds to share out in info but everyone finds it’s threatening too! 

I work for free sometimes and then even that is treated with suspicion and abused 

• Do you think gay people in the past felt the same.. in a "hetreosexual world" ? I do think its the same side of the coin but LGBTQ has progressed much further.

I think its a matter of perception. I feel lucky to be in this world and notice a lot of yhings other people dont do. On the other hand if you talked to me about capitalism then yes that is definitely an "us and them" mentality.

• I thnk this forum makes me feel raw every time i come on it. Becasue it is mostly us saying how sorry we are to the NT world :(

• Hey yeah - exactly. I was think that too but resisted :)

Reply Children
No Data