NTs and how they are re your interests?

I have what is ,I believe, a heightened interest in doing online tests (IQ and other). Several times NTs have called me out on it. Admittedly I post quite a lot about the results, but as far as I can see I'm not harming anyone though I might be boring them. Often such remarks from NTs smack of disapproval , ie 'How could you be so obsessed with that?' , though I believe my interest is at the milder end of the scale compared to the interests of some here.

Parents
  • I go through phases of liking to do online tests. I don't post about it though so I guess people don't know that.

I think with my other interests it varies. I know other people that are NT that are nearly as obsessed as I am so they are quite happy for me to go on and on. But when it is someone who is not interested they tend to shut me down (I don't think this is necessarily an NT thing though, just a I don't share that interest thing). People tend to get annoyed when I start repeating myself. Sometimes I talk about the same thing over and over. Again I think autistic people would probably get just as annoyed with me.

• I go through phases of liking to do online tests. I don't post about it though so I guess people don't know that.

I think with my other interests it varies. I know other people that are NT that are nearly as obsessed as I am so they are quite happy for me to go on and on. But when it is someone who is not interested they tend to shut me down (I don't think this is necessarily an NT thing though, just a I don't share that interest thing). People tend to get annoyed when I start repeating myself. Sometimes I talk about the same thing over and over. Again I think autistic people would probably get just as annoyed with me.

Children
No Data