favourite Songs or groups

Mine is  number 1,Keane, somewhere only we know, and 2, Supertramp, take the long way home. Whats yours?

Parents
  • Another rock fan here albeit a quite broadminded one. The first music that resonated with me when I was about 8 was glam rock...Slade, Sweet, Mud, Mott, Suzi Quattro  etc... all broke me out of my dull, insular, fearful, aspie only-child world and made me feel ALIVE!... and then to top it off Queen came on Top of the Pops with Seven Seas of Rhye in March 1974 and from there on in I knew I wanted to play in a rock band! Of course my over protective (and also probably aspie) parents werent gonna let me have an electric guitar so I settled for a violin and became rather good at it. I had to wait until I was 14 to finally get an electric, with the final push coming from hearing Eddie on the first Van Halen album in 1979 which was a life changing moment.

These days I listen to all sorts of stuff but most of it is guitar based... punk, new wave, 70s funk, some prog (the more concise stuff), lots of classic/hard rock, old metal (no extreme stuff), grunge, some indie, odds and sods from the brit pop era (eg Supergrass, Blur and Mansun). I even dabble with Jazz from time to time, Pat Metheny and John Scofield are faves. Sadly not a great deal of new bands from the last 15 years have moved me although I do LOVE Muse but then again they've been going 20 years now...Most new stuff suffers from crappy guitar tones, too much auto-tune, too much compression, quantized beats...whinge whinge, whinge I''m sounding like an old fart now LOL ...but for me there is enough good stuff from the 60s through till the mid 90s to keep me going.

• Pat Metheny, A friend of mine is obsessed with him, I'd never heard of him until I met her.

Reply Children
No Data