Female with autism feels masculine rather than feminine

I am a female with autism. Something that I have felt most of my life is that I feel more masculine than feminine in my inner self however outwardly I definitely look feminine such as makeup and I do my hair etc but inwardly I feel and see myself as more of a male. Has anyone experienced this? 

Parents
  • I loathed those romantic movies where it is clear the man is angling for a kiss and more as the drama develops. At 11 I wanted to be good at football and fantasised abput being a footballer, though sadly I would never have had either the stamina nor the coordination to be a good one. Still, there are good women's football teams now. 

So I didn't want to be forced into feminine roles, then I read an Enid Blyton featuring the character George, and I decided to be a stereotypical Tomboy. I had never read the Famous Five ones before, George was a little too close in her temperament to mine, plus she was always getting into trouble with strict authority figures,vwhich was disturbing too. 

Hormones are weird things though, the absence of them after menopause certainly made we wonder what all the urges and feelings they bring were all about. 

• I loathed those romantic movies where it is clear the man is angling for a kiss and more as the drama develops. At 11 I wanted to be good at football and fantasised abput being a footballer, though sadly I would never have had either the stamina nor the coordination to be a good one. Still, there are good women's football teams now. 

So I didn't want to be forced into feminine roles, then I read an Enid Blyton featuring the character George, and I decided to be a stereotypical Tomboy. I had never read the Famous Five ones before, George was a little too close in her temperament to mine, plus she was always getting into trouble with strict authority figures,vwhich was disturbing too. 

Hormones are weird things though, the absence of them after menopause certainly made we wonder what all the urges and feelings they bring were all about. 

Children
No Data