Female with autism feels masculine rather than feminine

I am a female with autism. Something that I have felt most of my life is that I feel more masculine than feminine in my inner self however outwardly I definitely look feminine such as makeup and I do my hair etc but inwardly I feel and see myself as more of a male. Has anyone experienced this? 

Parents
  • Interesting post. 

I've always felt more feminine than masculine.  I prefer the company of women, and often find men vaguely threatening.  As a child, too, I used to have dreams of being a girl.

An Aspie friend has told me I come across as more typically Aspie female than male, though she's never been able to convincingly explain why - except to say that she knows many Aspies of both sexes, and she thinks of me more as a female!

• Interesting post. 

I've always felt more feminine than masculine.  I prefer the company of women, and often find men vaguely threatening.  As a child, too, I used to have dreams of being a girl.

An Aspie friend has told me I come across as more typically Aspie female than male, though she's never been able to convincingly explain why - except to say that she knows many Aspies of both sexes, and she thinks of me more as a female!

Children
No Data