Snow!

Does anybody else have a strange obsession with snow and all things cold!

I love snow and anything to do with it winter, cold weather, books and films, I love the quiet that comes with it. Anybody else have this strange fixation?

Parents
  • I miss snow and winters I remember from my childhood. I used to think of myself as “winter’s daughter” back then

I love the sound of snow falling. Especially if there’s no wind, just snow falling gently on the grass and trees. 

Or sound of snow crunching under the boots. 

I like how the trees look like covered with snow.

Icicles. Or frost. The patterns it makes on the cars.

I like the darkness that comes early in winter and quietness of the winter evenings.

• I've done some winter walking a few times and enjoyed it.  Did I tell you about the time I was stuck up a mountain in a whiteout in Spain in January with a transexual...  (Nothing wrong with the transexual, but it's random enough that I think it adds something to the story...)

• I used to go walking up mountains etc with a transsexual! She was great, she knew exactly where to go as she used to be part of the mountain rescue team when she was a man and she was great for putting the tents up, all by herself and doing the cooking! I’ve had some great time’s out walking with her. 

• I used to go walking up mountains etc with a transsexual! She was great, she knew exactly where to go as she used to be part of the mountain rescue team when she was a man and she was great for putting the tents up, all by herself and doing the cooking! I’ve had some great time’s out walking with her. 

Children