Successful Discrimination Tribunal hearing

My employer was trying to deny my aspergers is a disability in an employment tribunal. The tribunal dismissed this argument and my employer now accepts that this is a disability.

They are now keen to settle.

Its not over yet but it just goes to show that even if an employer doesn't take aspergers seriously....an employment tribunal judge will.

Parents
  • Hi,

This shouldn't even be a discussion! Aspergers/Autism meets all Government guidelines and all aspects of the Equality Act 2010. Disability has protected the status and by extension, you qualify. People like your employer are the problem! Please, get in contact if you need any assistance.

• Hi,

This shouldn't even be a discussion! Aspergers/Autism meets all Government guidelines and all aspects of the Equality Act 2010. Disability has protected the status and by extension, you qualify. People like your employer are the problem! Please, get in contact if you need any assistance.

Children
  • I’d be interested if there is any update on this.  
    And if anyone else has experience at a tribunal for disability discrimination.  I’m about to start this process and keen to get any advice or read peoples experiences.