Inability to hold down a job. Why?

The first place I was in (full time contract) held a meeting between management and HR and said I could leave the job there and then and be paid for the three months notice I would have worked. I hated the environment in that place so I was glad to go. I was told in the past while in this job that I wasn't productive enough. I worked here just under a year,

The second place did not renew my 3 month temporary contract citing performance and quality issues. This does not make sense as I focus a lot on detail so the quality should at least have been good. Four other temporary staff were kept on after their contracts ended. Out of the 5 temporary people, I was the only one not kept on.

Is this a pattern that's going to keep repeating itself? Saddening if so. Do they see the aspergers and make excuses to get rid of me? I thought my work quality was far better than others who were more pally with management (in other words the *** lickers).

I have always found I need to keep starting again in life. I'm in my 30s and it's back to the drawing board. 

Parents
  • With aspergers and a pattern of being told to leave jobs ( for various reasons) or not getting accepted for them in the first place, what is the best line of work to get into and how can I make it more likely to get a job? I prepare for interviews but it's a case of always the bridesmaid never the bride.

What has worked for you? Thanks in advance.

• With aspergers and a pattern of being told to leave jobs ( for various reasons) or not getting accepted for them in the first place, what is the best line of work to get into and how can I make it more likely to get a job? I prepare for interviews but it's a case of always the bridesmaid never the bride.

What has worked for you? Thanks in advance.

Children
  • An article by Temple Grandin titled "Choosing the Right Job for People with Autism or Asperger's Syndrome", gives some ideas of the types of work suited to people on the spectrum:

www.iidc.indiana.edu/

• You could look also look at that a different way, which I know is not easy for us aspies, but you could look at it from the point of view of how wonderful  this is, this pattern is showing me something, what could it be? Maybe it's that I don't fit into the traditional workplace, maybe I just didn't like the work, maybe it's showing me that I don't yet know what I really want to do? It could be a pattern showing you many things. How much time would you like to spend working? How much money would you like to earn? Do you want your work to be something that you're interested in, for example, do you want to make one of your special interests your job? Or would you simply like a low paid job that you could do with the minimum of stress because that is what would be perfect for you?