Inability to hold down a job. Why?

The first place I was in (full time contract) held a meeting between management and HR and said I could leave the job there and then and be paid for the three months notice I would have worked. I hated the environment in that place so I was glad to go. I was told in the past while in this job that I wasn't productive enough. I worked here just under a year,

The second place did not renew my 3 month temporary contract citing performance and quality issues. This does not make sense as I focus a lot on detail so the quality should at least have been good. Four other temporary staff were kept on after their contracts ended. Out of the 5 temporary people, I was the only one not kept on.

Is this a pattern that's going to keep repeating itself? Saddening if so. Do they see the aspergers and make excuses to get rid of me? I thought my work quality was far better than others who were more pally with management (in other words the *** lickers).

I have always found I need to keep starting again in life. I'm in my 30s and it's back to the drawing board. 

Parents
  • The reason they give for making you leave may have nothing to do with the reality.  From their viewpoint, it has to be defendable in a tribunal.  Whether it's true or not is probably irrelevant to them.

If it’s a relationship issue - you don't get on with fellow workers, or your boss, aren't a 'team player', struggle to be diplomatic etc, that can be hidden behind other vague terms such as lack of productivity. 

It depends on your specific job, the contract, key performance indicators etc as to how that is measured.

In some jobs 'productivity' is basically a smoke screen. 

If you want to really understand what the problem is, because you think you may be able to address it by overcoming your natural instincts through the application of intellect and experience, then don't take what they say to you literally. 

Regard it as something you have to 'interpret'.  For some of us (like me) this is something you have to learn, where as many neurotypical people will acquire that knowledge intuitively. 

• The reason they give for making you leave may have nothing to do with the reality.  From their viewpoint, it has to be defendable in a tribunal.  Whether it's true or not is probably irrelevant to them.

If it’s a relationship issue - you don't get on with fellow workers, or your boss, aren't a 'team player', struggle to be diplomatic etc, that can be hidden behind other vague terms such as lack of productivity. 

It depends on your specific job, the contract, key performance indicators etc as to how that is measured.

In some jobs 'productivity' is basically a smoke screen. 

If you want to really understand what the problem is, because you think you may be able to address it by overcoming your natural instincts through the application of intellect and experience, then don't take what they say to you literally. 

Regard it as something you have to 'interpret'.  For some of us (like me) this is something you have to learn, where as many neurotypical people will acquire that knowledge intuitively. 

Children
No Data