Confused

Wasn’t sure if to write here or not but I am hoping for some advice.

Whilst I was going through the diagnosis process i kept coming on here and have read over and over again how getting diagnosed has helped in some way and how others were worried they wouldn’t get diagnosed due to NHS not diagnosing in the area. I guess I am one of the lucky ones as I was diagnosed very quickly and this is why I feel so bad.

There seems to be so many people looking for a diagnosis and I have one and don’t serm to be happy. I have been trying to look at the positives but I feel very negative about the diagnosis and am struggling to cope. I am wanting to know if anybody else’s does or has felt the same.

i am sorry if my complaining is frustrating for those who are wanting a diagnosis I do realise I have been lucky 

Parents
  • Hi.

Your still you the person you have always been a piece of paper is all that is between you.  I fell in love with my husband 37 years ago  he is Asperger.  At times yes difficult we are sometimes on different planets.  Over the years many stormy arguments mainly me (no patience granted) but he has recently been diagnosed and our relationship has improved massively. Mainly due to me understanding my husband and son yes son! deep down I guess looking back now Bingo all made sense.  My son and husband love me so much their thought process a little different.  Are they caring and loving yes again please don't look down on yourself. My husband is great at planning I have no idea of time so great, he has a great sense of humour very intelligent I am scatty l ways miss placing things so he helps me out.   I have anxiety and depression not due to immediate family may I add but I have some great days.  Look for the positives so many different personalities in the world make it colourful not black and white.  Look at the percentage of people on the autism scale millions and millions.  Our daughter has dyslexia a diagnoses blessing to her after years including school bullies. Diagnosed at university it gave her a better grade after staff realized that her work was far better then they first thought.  

• Hi.

Your still you the person you have always been a piece of paper is all that is between you.  I fell in love with my husband 37 years ago  he is Asperger.  At times yes difficult we are sometimes on different planets.  Over the years many stormy arguments mainly me (no patience granted) but he has recently been diagnosed and our relationship has improved massively. Mainly due to me understanding my husband and son yes son! deep down I guess looking back now Bingo all made sense.  My son and husband love me so much their thought process a little different.  Are they caring and loving yes again please don't look down on yourself. My husband is great at planning I have no idea of time so great, he has a great sense of humour very intelligent I am scatty l ways miss placing things so he helps me out.   I have anxiety and depression not due to immediate family may I add but I have some great days.  Look for the positives so many different personalities in the world make it colourful not black and white.  Look at the percentage of people on the autism scale millions and millions.  Our daughter has dyslexia a diagnoses blessing to her after years including school bullies. Diagnosed at university it gave her a better grade after staff realized that her work was far better then they first thought.  

Children
No Data