Struggle to sleep

I average about 3 hours sleep a night. The main blockage appears to be my inability to switch off.  Tried: listening to music, watching telly, doing nothing for a couple of hours before bed, tried doing loads of exercise, I have been prescribed amitriptrline by the GP 2 years ago, nothing it has helped me at all.

Does anybody else struggle this way and does anybody have any ideas to help.

Parents
  • 6:30am and still awake.

I woke up at 5:30am from a series of  interconnected nightmares about walking home through back streets in the snow. While taking photographs.  The past and present were all mixed up with different places I used to live at.

BTW there is no snow here.

• I’ve just come to bed! I did get a few hours sleep, on the settee, but woke up, had a cry, did some writing and thinking, turned my mood around and now I’ve come to bed. I didn’t realise the time. I had planned to go for a walk this morning and get to my favourite coffee shop just as it opens so there will be less people there, but I feel tired so I think I might have a sleep first and maybe, or maybe not, go to the coffee shop a little later.

No snow here either!

• I’ve just come to bed! I did get a few hours sleep, on the settee, but woke up, had a cry, did some writing and thinking, turned my mood around and now I’ve come to bed. I didn’t realise the time. I had planned to go for a walk this morning and get to my favourite coffee shop just as it opens so there will be less people there, but I feel tired so I think I might have a sleep first and maybe, or maybe not, go to the coffee shop a little later.

No snow here either!

Children
No Data